Orange County Birth Injury Attorney
Hundreds of Medical Malpractice Cases Handled
Birth injuries can be emotionally devastating to parents who never expected for anything to go wrong during the birth of their child. While we all expect that we can place our trust in the medical system, it is an unfortunate reality that many newborns suffer injuries that could have been prevented if not for a physician’s error. These mistakes could mean a lifetime of consequences for an innocent child who may suffer from physical and/or cognitive disability, and a lifetime of medical bills to provide them with the care they need.
The Orange County birth injury lawyers at the Law Office of Marshall Silberberg help clients throughout Southern California who are reeling from birth-related injuries. Since our founding, our firm has obtained more than $500 million on behalf of our clients. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources to pursue successful outcomes for clients who have suffered losses due to the mistakes of doctors they should have been able to trust. Call us today to learn more about your rights and how our firm can help you seek justice.
Contact the Law Office of Marshall Silberberg
for more information regarding your case!
Leading Causes of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries can arise from a number of causes, including:
- Head trauma during delivery
- Forcible delivery
- Unskilled use of forceps or vacuum extractors
- Oxygen deprivation during birth
- The doctor’s failure to identify and treat a complicating condition
Any of these forms of negligence could lead to serious birth injuries including hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), Cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, and other serious, potentially life-altering injuries. Our firm provides skilled representation to families throughout Irvine and Orange County, seeking maximum compensation for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, lifelong costs of care, and other damages. With decades of combined experience handling medical malpractice claims and hundreds of millions of dollars successfully recovered, you can trust that our reputable firm has the skill, resources, and tenacity to deliver excellent results.
Cases We Have Won
Our lead trial attorney has handled situations such as the following:
- Injuries to a laboring mother because her anesthesiologist decided to take a break from monitoring her
- Birth injuries to a mother because of poor traveling nurse care
- Birth injuries due to a vacuum extraction that caused the baby's scalp to separate from the baby's skull and cause massive hemorrhage.
- Birth injuries such as brain damage and cerebral palsy from poor fetal monitoring, including delays in C-sections, delays in doctor evaluations of the fetal monitoring strip when the baby is showing fetal distress or fetal trauma, delays in taking action when the fetal monitoring strip has flatlined
- Failure to diagnose congenital problems in utero
- Shoulder dystocia resulting in a flaccid arm
- Home-birth midwives failing to transport when there is a complication and taking so long to get to the hospital that the baby was strangled by the umbilical cord