After a car accident, the last thing you want to do is fight to prove why you deserve compensation for what you have endured. Unfortunately, if you plan on pursuing a claim, you must prepare for what may be a drawn-out and frustrating legal process. However, navigating this journey as wisely as possible is vital to ensure the most optimal outcome possible. While insurance companies and defense attorneys will attempt every possible means of undervaluing your claim, rest assured we at the Law Office of Marshall Silberberg understand firsthand just how to combat these tactics to fight for the justice you deserve.
Consider the following key tips to maximize your car accident settlement:
- Seek medical attention immediately. There is no worse mistake you can make than to avoid seeing a physician or failing to adhere to doctor’s orders. Both of these errors can potentially ruin your claim. Remember to be very clear about your symptoms, no matter how minimal they may seem.
- Keep accurate and detailed records from the moment you can. You must provide exhaustive medical documentation as proof in addition to photographic evidence, diary or calendar entries, receipts, and any other information to support your claim. These records will substantiate your case and if your case goes to trial, they will be especially powerful for a judge or jury.
- Have a settlement amount in mind before you start the negotiation. You must decide on a minimum settlement amount that you would be willing to accept as a bottom line. However, do not reveal this number to the adjuster as it can change throughout the course of your case.
- Do not accept the first offer, despite how tempting it may seem. Insurance adjusters always initially offer a lowball amount in the hopes that you will not negotiate any further. Also, the full extent of your injuries may not be instantly obvious and you should not settle until your recovery is more certain.
- If you are given a low offer, ask the adjuster to justify his or her specific reasoning.
- Do not underestimate the power of an emotional appeal. Emphasize what works in your favor to effectively drive the point home.
- Hire an experienced legal team early, as you can never be too prepared for what is to come. Without professional advocacy and guidance, you are doing a disservice to yourself and your claim. Even if you are confident in your ability to successfully process and negotiate a personal injury claim alone, keep in mind the insurance company may not take you seriously.
Injured in a Car Accident & Seeking Compensation? Contact Our Skilled Car Accident Lawyers Today
At the Law Office of Marshall Silberberg, we want to ensure you have the best chances possible of receiving the compensation you deserve. Our car accident attorneys are devoted to protecting and promoting the best interests of our clients, no matter how challenging or impossible a situation may appear. When another’s negligence or recklessness results in a severe injury, there is no time to waste before you join forces with a compassionate and driven legal team to fight for you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule an initial consultation today.